Sunday, August 29, 2010

Zabar's on a Saturday afternoon

I went to Zabar's recently and enjoyed just looking at all the cheeses.



This is the cheese case you see immediately upon entering the store.



And here's a closeup of the same case. I feel so lucky to live in a city where you can not only get Raclette, but you can get it sliced in a deli container to take to your party!


When I was young, my friend Sophie and I made up our own expletive: "Yarg!" It makes me smile when I see that word somewhere unexpected, such as on this cheese from Cornwall.


Of course when you are in Zabar's it's very difficult to not want to eat, and the management knows this -- they put out little toasts with tasty spreads on them for you to sample, and I swear they taste so great (being free adds to their savor). Can't you see the eagerness in this lady reaching for her taste of Zabar's house brand salmon mousse?

No comments: